Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lost Wallet, Grandpa Elder Pine & Gangsta Clothes

hey we actually on right now to set up our info for the return of my wallet. You do it online in Europe and every lost and found place puts in the items lost and looks for the owner so if my wallet is anywhere in Europe I will hear about it within two days. Its pretty cool. But I know honestly that my wallet was not in that shop because I had it between when we picked our stuff off our table in the train the the bus we got on right after the train. I had it 5 minutes before I lost it because I keep my tickets in it for reimbersments (man I suck at spelling). And I am pretty positive I had it with me especially since I button my button when I put it in my back pocket and now my button is also missing. Im thinking more than not it was stolen but I'm not totally sure.

That is why we went straight to the APs and got my grandpa Elder Pine to call you. He and my trainer are the only two Brits in the mission and he trained my comp. He also is convinced New Mexico is Mexico and talks about his lineage all not being American and how proud he is of that. But yeah just wanted to let you know that I'm sure it wasn't in that shop.

I did however get a very nice shirt and pullover shirt that are Europian brands that both normally cost about 200 dollars in America. I saw them and saw they were still pretty expensive but I mean if it is really that good of a deal I didn't want to leave it because even if I don't use it a ton I could sell it for twice the price in America or give someone some way awesome presents. It was funny though because it was in a 'gangsta' shop.

We were in Ulm and were stuck for two hours so we went around and saw a way old school church that if we ever go to Ulm we would have to go to the top. It was ridiculously tall. But yeah then we went to that store to see what was in it. It is pretty funny being in full missionary clothes and walking around a gangsta store. But a ton of people love the American gangsta look but every single one of them are polite kind people. Opposite of American gangsters. It is way funny.

Then we went to Switzerland and my comp showed me how much meat is there. It is ridiculous! A whopper meal is like 14 franken and frankens are more than dollars! the triple whopper meal was like 18 franken. I am glad I am in Deutsch land were everything is meat based as apposed to Switzerland right now. But yeah that is just a short summuray of what happened Tuesday and Wendsday. Also we got to ride in two of the nicest trains in Deutschland and we got on ealry enough to get booths for ourselves so we didn't have to sit with people the whole time. It was way sweet. They even had their own high class restaurant on the trains. But yeah. We had to stay the night and stayed with the AP's. They love us. They also love telling us they love us. Mainly because of Elder Pine the Brit but also because the whole mission has broken every record it has ever set this transfer and we helped a lot with the Stuttgart zone. Since our district was top in the zone and our companionship was by far the highest in the district. Then they asked us if we wanted to be transfered or anything. They said if we had a preference they would try to get us transfered there but we both said we wanted to stay but told them we would love it if Elder Merkly got a golden, or greenie. Because Elder Merkly is way cool and has not got to train yet. Also if he gets a golden he has to wait a week, because there is a flu in the MTC and everyone is staying there an extra week. So Elder Merkley would stay with us in Ellwangen. Well we are going to go so see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment