Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Tim's Baptism!!!

Hey it was really great to talk to you all for Mother's Day.  I think us missionaries look about as forward to it as the families.So another week has come and gone and we are just that much closer to the missions combining and us losing President Matern. I really wish I hadn't broken my leg just so that I could have had him as a mission president longer. I don't know anyone cooler or nicer than him.
But yeah this last week we got to meet with several less actives and also got to go to Tim's baptism! It was way sweet.  Tim had finally done everything and had his baptismal interview on Monday. He had asked Elder Baird, our district leader, to baptize him. The baptism had pretty much every member in Freiburg (which is about 200 people) in attendance. All the elders in the district were the ones giving talks or what not. I gave a talk after the baptism in between while Tim and Eler Baird changed and I got to be a witness. I was so excited to be able to participate with his baptism and that everyone was able to go since Tim is probably one of the most solid people I have seen out here on the mission. He was even talking to people on buses and stuff about his baptism who he didn't know and told them to come. He was doing missionary work before he was even a member lol. But yeah that was the highest point of my week and am still way happy about it.
We also got our less active member Simon to come with us to the baptism. Simon is about 20 and a really funny awesome kid. He goes running with us in the morning usually and has come to church a couple of times since we have been meeting with him plus we got him to come to district meeting and a baptism. Also last week we talked to him about becoming a priest and he said he would like to get ready to become a priest so if nothing else hopefully Simon will be active before I leave this area. That would seem like a baptism to me for a few reasons.  First because of where he was out when we started working with him to where he is at today - phenomenal growth!  And also just cause he is really awesome and he loves talking about movies and video games, which is something I kind of dominate over my companion, so me and Simon talk for an hour or so sometimes on trains about video games or music or something. Because of that we have gotten to be good friends.  He is so cool and is no doubt someone I will have contact with when I go back home.
We also got to meet with a lady in our branch who wants to become ready for the temple, since she has never been and has been less active up until about two months ago when my companion and I went looking for her. So we are meeting with her twice a week and giving her a temple class and teaching her the missionary lessons. We made some brownies for her one day so she baked all of us a cake and gave it to us on Sunday.
After church on Sunday we actually got a ton of food. Even though our branch is only still about 16 active people (which was 12 when I first arrived here) they are all very wonderful people and love us like we have always lived here. I found out the two kids in the branch named Elias and Liam both think I'm awesome lol. That isn't really important but I thought it was cool. But then again they think all four of the missionaries names are elder Hargett so they might have meant someone else.....
Today I am going to get to see Elder Merkley and his family. They are taking us out to lunch in about an hour and I am excited to see him again. Havn't seen him since I went back to America and I almost thought I wouldn't see him again before he went home.  He is someone I admire a lot so I am glad we get this chance.
Sorry i did not respond last week. We had appointments all day Monday and it didn't really seem like a p-day. I figured since we got to talk it wasn't too big of a deal if I wrote or not. Sorry about that. I am really really sorry and sad about Grandma Sarah. It makes me feel terrible knowing that when they used to call I didn't give them all the attention they deserved and that I didn't call Grandma Sarah much since Grandpa's funeral. I just feel really terrible about it all. I wish I would have been a better grandson.
Well I hope all is well with you Dad, it has to be hard to lose both of them so quickly together. I am glad to hear the Grandma Sarah's funeral was nice and told all about what a great person she was.  I was glad to read that it was a nice trip with Aunt Elaine and Tiffany and Daniel. They are way funny and cool. I wish I could have been there with everyone just to show my respect for Grandma and also to see my cousins again.
But yeah I am going now so bye.

I Love You All,
Elder Hargett

No comments:

Post a Comment