Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Arrival in Zurich and First Assignment


Hey. Wow I just wrote a long e-mail and the internet in this building went down lol. The picture is President and Sister Matern with me. Well Im here in the Swizz finally. It is so beautiful. My first area is Ewallangen (mom's note: we think it may be Emmendingen or Ebingen) I believe or something like that. It is at the northern most part of my mission. They supposedly speak really high hoch Deutsch. Which will help me learn the language I believe. My companions name starts with an M and then I forget the rest of his name. He is from Great Britan and I have been told he has very good German. Sorry if my spelling is bad Im using a German keyboard and it is actually hard. Since I have been here I have heard people speak to me in German, French, Italian, and English. Even announcements and advertisements are in multiple languages. I have already tried German chocolate and bread. They are both so amazing. Sorry I would put exclamation marks in here but unfortunately I do not know where it is on this keyboard.

I did not get another chance to talk to someone on the plane. It was a good flight that gave me about 5 hours of sleep and two meals. They also played movies and shows like the Simpsons that seemed to be there simply to tempt me. Do not worry though I only watched the funny stuff (just kidding). It is weird to think that after today me and elder Blomquist will no longer be companions. We are both going somewhere totally different and will learn different things and talk to different types of people. I got to meet the mission president and the two APs all of them are extremely kind and have kindly helped us with our German and told us not to worry about the fact that we can not understand hardly anything.

Im so sorry that I did not call back. As soon as the phone cut off I noticed they were boarding the flight early so I had to go. I was still pretty sad about losing a lot of time with gate problems on our first flight plus the phone problems in Atlanta. Yet, in two weeks Ill be able to call back and in only a week Ill write an e-mail talking about my mission. I love you mom and dad so much. I hope everything is going great and Im glad I was able to talk to you today. I know it is like 3am in New Mexico right now. I hope you are doing great bye.

Elder Hargett

PS the z and y are switched on this keyboard so I hope I did not butcher too many words in this letter sorrz

No comments:

Post a Comment