Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Beat Some American into the English Companion


Surprise. We got P-day on Saturday this week. We are going into Stuttgart to have a zone P-day.

Im in a little city call Ellwangen. It's at the northern most part of the mission and is way sweet. A lot of people have never been up there and do not think it is a good area. But I think it is awesome. There are 7 towns in the Ellwangen area and the only missionaries for the whole area are me and my Companion. So we are allowed some awesome amounts of money so we can take the train to and from towns.
(This is me and my companion - Elder Middleton)

I will not have a ton of time to write this e-mail because we are only here for 20 minutes but then after the zone activity i will be able to send out another e-mail. My companions name is Elder Middleton. He is from England yet does not have a dry sense of humor. I think all the American companions he has had have beat some American into him. He is way fun and into his mission. He is only on his seventh transfer which I think is good to be a trainer at because that means he knows the language and areas enough to be a trainer. He was way happy when I started up a conversation with a guy on our train ride to Ellwangen (which overall took about 7 hours to get there).

Yesterday we spent almost the whole day with the ward. There was a large ward activity and the ward mission leader had asked my companion to come a few weeks ago. We had a picnic and walked up and down a large hill side. I don't remember everyones name but it was still fun. After that I met with some teenagers the missionaries befriended out here. They are all really nice. They are very slow investigators yet they introduce us to tons of people and talk about us with their friends and workers. All of them except one are from some where outside of Germany. Abdula the main person we talk with is from Crusiba or some country near Albania. He is an extremly popular person around here. He goes to a university and works in the marketplace on Saturday. He has his own cheese stand we went there today and got some cheap cheese. We talked with him and his friends last night for about an hour and a half. He asked me questions and helped me pronounce my German a little better.

I will send the address in the next e-mail I send today. I am almost out of time and don't know the address off the top of my head.

It was nice being able to write you and I will later as well but have an awesome time bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment