Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Monday, January 25, 2010

I Love Me My Schwarz Music

Hey - First off, I need to tell you the computers are being really crappy right now i don't think i will write a weekly email cause it might freeze or something so i will write a really long one next week explaining both weeks. I'm going to try and answer some of the questions you all wrote to me via email:

Mom - yeah we did get a ton of snow and because we live here by the church, we did do the side walks and almost the parking lot. We started on the parking lot and then we were like forget this so we called the branch president and he brought an atv with a mini plow on it and drove it around the parking lot. We got stuck (well I got us stuck) we slid into a ditch trying to go up this hill and then turning around after a while Elder Lee tried to get us out and we got high centered so we spent about two hours digging our truck out of the situation. My clothes got trashed luckily I was wearing my washable pants and the jacket that is too short for me anyways so i didn't really care. It was most definitley fun!

My ankle is doing really well. The more I walk the more I don't feel anything. I think if I stay active enough it will be strong. It is if i sit around or overwork it is where it might have problems. The hushpuppies (shoes) I have don't let water in and have been useful. I don't really need any other boots or anything. For traveling back to Zurich I think I will try to make my one suitcase weigh 50 lbs before I go and put everything else in the duffel bag since I don't want to try and carry around three bags in zurich. I could barely do two with a hand a piece when I got there, especially with the trains and all that you have to get on/off. The duffel bag I will probably leave at the mission office when I go. Since mom works close by, i am sure you can go by and get it. I still got no idea what the rule is if you guys can drive me to the airport or not.

My companion is Elder Lee and he is from Renton Washington right outside of Seattle. I don't really know what else to say since he is sitting right next to me..... but really he is ok. I got the package and the stamps thanks. I read the printed email in that package you sent from elder Leishman at first and read it wrong and thought he was an assistant and I was like "WHAT!?" I think it would have made me feel like I had missed too much while I was home but then I noticed that wasn't how it was and that he is a financial clerk, that is great for him, i am sure he is doing a wonderful job. It is great that he is able to still be a missionary too and teach people. i really enjoyed the printed emails from Scott too. that is cool that he sent a postcard to you all. i hope you write him back soon.

The address you sent me for president matern was the address of my place in Ellwangen, lol, so I can't really use it but it's ok I found a card with all the information in my wallet. Im going to try emailing him in a little bit anyways. Thanks for the pants and stuff and the scale. I'm fasting today for strength to keep dieting and being virtuous. About being virtuous, I did get to gamble with a member on a football game lol. The bet was if the Vikings won yesterday I wouldn't get to listen to any music not made by the church or church members and if the saints won he would have to read a chapter out of the BOM a day. Thankfully the saints won cause i love me my schwarz music lol.

That is the one thing I am worst about without a doubt. I don't listen to terrible music but most definetly good music (which means it probably isn't allowed). But I mean if everyone breaks at least one rule then I know that will be mine. I never listen to anything that is bad but some stuff like what mom likes to listen to, which is probably way toned down for my normal stuff. There is some music i know is just not appropriate at all, especially for a missionary. Sorry, it's just who i am but president matern didn't have a problem with it and so i am pretty sure i am good.

Dad, yeah you are probably right about having to do the numbers for the "bare minimum missionaries". i really don't like that there has to be some way to motivate missionaries who can't seem to just get out there and work. there are some idiots who are just trying to fill in some numbers for each week. We spent one day purly of doing service not a single number is effected and it makes it look like we were lazy however I think it was a totally worth while day and don't care if I get a single number if we can have more days like that. We do get to chop wood for a lot of old people around here so that is pretty fun plus we got 4 wheel drive and get to go offroading to find some people who don't like on areas with roads so that is always fun.

I hope my bad luck goes away. we just visited an older member on sunday to give her the sacrament at home. she is about 90+ and im hoping i get out of here before she keels over. I met the mans brother who died last week and he died two days later. Im not kidding I have the black hand of death. By the way, dad, could I start getting some money.... wouldn't want anything to happen to you dad. JK.

Im really hoping the snow stops we get about 4 more inches everytime it snows. Gallup is pretty calm but on the rez where there is only dirt backroads and ice everywhere, everyday is an adventure. (I think mom would die if she drove with us out here).

see you later - love Elder Hargett (aka: LegacySpankey, ffej and MFM)

Mom's note: MFM stands for "Moms Favorite Missionary", it's what I always open my letters and emails to him with "Dear MFM....."

No comments:

Post a Comment