Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The truth is this is another week were I don't have time on the computers so i will probably just tell you and mom how things are going but still won't be able to write a long email. Our truck broke on Thursday. The front differential and the front two axels have to be replaced. Something about not shifting into 4 whell drive right when we hit the button. Basically my companion can't drive it anymore and so I'll be the driver when it gets back.
On Friday we ran into an old investigator from like 9 months ago and challenged her to baptism on Saturday. She is going to get ready by Feb 13 so the last saturday Im out here. It is great to have a baptism scheduled.
Other than that Im kinda angry right now since on P-days we always hang out with these elders from Lupton and we just went into Gallup to bowl or something. But they arn't letting them take their pday since last time they were in town they got food. Since Gallup is about 30 miles from them and we only get so many miles a day they wanted to get food in case they didn't have miles to go into Gallup. However since our truck is down till about Friday we were going to transfer miles to them but our district leader decided they don't get a pday since they bought food on Thursday. Its like "THATS FOOD YOU IDIOT!!" and so we are getting a ride into Gallup with a member and we are getting a ride back from a member too. We are annoyed with our DL and just don't really feel like talking to him. Oh well.
Dad, I've never watched criminal minds I did watch a show mom had bought called damages and thought that was actually pretty interesting but I don't know. Yeah our fun is kinda lame but chopping wood can be fun.
I found out games like battleship and that sort of stuff are kind of outlawed in this mission, sorry Mom you sent me some of those games but I can't use them, but this mission is so uptight about things its no wonder I hear about pretty much just missionaries who don't work or missionaries with no personality. Oh well I'm pretty blunt and I still work hard and play hard so I don't really care.
This week we get to have our interviews with the mission president that will be cool I guess and then I get one more pday before I get my call to go back to der sweitz (Switzerland): whoo hoo. I really do miss Switzerland a ton and can't wait to get back there. I wrote my mission president (Matern) out there so hopefully i will have an email back from him. Well im going to go so we can get our ride.
Hope everthing is going great for you. Jeph

No comments:

Post a Comment