Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Call Me Papa Hargett

Muddy Truck
View from our trailer
Hey everyone - Here's a picture of me with some puppies. My comp has called this picture Papa Hargett, which is fine with me since I really do love to take care of and love on animals. They were cold and whining so I put them in my jacket and they calmed right down. Don't I make a good warmer?
(Mom's note: I'm going to copy some of Elder Lee's letter home because he sent pictures with his letter and details we didn't get from Elder Hargett ) Elder Lee: So to start off with we have a temporary truck right now. It has street tires on it though so we might be getting stuck alot. It is covered in mud already and I mean coverd. With street tires the only way we can move is to spin the tires a little bit and that throws mud everywhere. Not only do we have a truck that doesn' t do that well in the mud, but our propane is having problems so we can't stay at our place again. President Anderson is talking about double transfering me out of our area which would mean we would have to do a lot of work before we left so that people don't fall through the cracks. (Done with Lee's comments)

Jackie Peterson is the woman getting baptised but it got pushed back cause she has to go so many days without smoking before she can get baptized and she slipped. I was sad I won't be here but you know whatever. (Lee: We are still working with her to help her quit smoking. We got a packet from our mission office for a quit smoking program that actually sounds like it will work. We have to study it a lot so we can teach it, but we are hoping to be able to teach it this next week to her. If all goes as planned Jackie won't smoke again after Wednesday.)

Last week I was really mad about not getting to bowl with the elders from Lupton. The reason is that we also got in trouble for wearing p-day clothes. Technically we can wear pday clothes on pday as long as we have a use for them if we are are only going shoping and teaching then we should still wear pros. But we had to walk 3 miles to the chapter house at the beginning of the day to email and then we got a ride to Gallup and planned on bowling so we had reason to but President Anderson thinks you should still wear pros for all of that.

Elder Lee he is extremely cool and has just about the same mind set as i do about everything. We decided together not to talk negative about anyone but talk about what we have done wrong and what we could improve on in our interviews last week with President Anderson and even though it is way tempting to play the blame game with our dl and zl's I don't really care. I figure as long as I never say things about people I'll never be ashamed of anything like that. I'm trying it out and the more I'm just open about things the more I'm not ashamed and just feel no guilt, just try to do better than I did before. Mom, your experience you shared really helped me out. Dad, thanks for the advice in your letter a couple of weeks ago.

On Monday next week we don't know what we are going to do but we have to come to ABQ because of my flight Tuesday morning. I was thinking about taking Lee to mongolian grill or rudy's or dickies since he has never even heard of any of them or even a mongolian grill before. Guess where he is from they don't have them. Another thing that I'm not super excited about also is they changed the p-days for the res missionaries and made it where on Mondays you could email and clean but then have a regular day. Then on Thursday after district meeting you have your p-day since some places drive from far off to get here and then back. So it works out nice and lupton has to do it so we were like "cool we'll only email on monday and then hang out with lupton on thursday" but our disrict leader decided he didn't like us hanging out with lupton so he said we HAVE to have our pday on monday so we decided to just work today. I'm not happy about it because it was the last day to hang out with lupton but whatever.

The money I took out was for soveniers and things and some people borrowed some money for bowling and stuff on p-days and still owe me money. About pictures, well the truth is.... i havn't taken any pictures lol sorry but elder lee can send you all his pictures and stuff he takes better pictures anyways. I've decided that the computers here always suck and Im scarred to write a full letter since they crap out all the time. Think I will wait till maybe next monday and see if we can email from somewhere in albuquerque or something.

I am tooooooo excited about combining missions with Munich. It is like the best thing that could have happened after meeting elder calton and elder leishman at the MTC. They are way awesome and I'm way excited to get to see them. I have to admit to you that I was way jealous when I read Eric Bond's letter and saw he was with Elder Middleton as a zl! I don't care about ever getting leadership or anything but some things really make me feel like I've been gone forever. That made me feel like I have been away for a very long time. Elder Bond is great and I know he will do great with middleton, mom did you ever see the picture of the box of candy we handed down to them in the MTC? it was sweet LOL

We still got no idea what actually broke the truck it was said it was probably the electronic that shifts us into 4 wheel drive was messed up and so the gears were grinding and stuff but i got no idea. We play the games you sent us. I mean a mission makes it seem like missionaries are saints but me and elder lee are about as close as it comes LOL and we play games, although none of what you sent was bad mom, it actually has helped our companionship a lot to spend some time together in that way.
Man I miss lost lol. But on another note so far the movie "the book of eli" has sounded way awesome from everyone that has seen it one guy even explained the whole story to us and ending lol but I wish I could see it just from hearing about it heard it was kinda slow sometimes but worth watching. I don't know why you wonder who's theroies would be closer im pretty positive the polar bear is ben's side kick and the real monter of the show.

Well, it's time to go - thanks for sending the ties, we loved getting new ones. I probably wont email next week so i'll just see you Tuesday morning when you come and get me for my flight back to the most awesome mission in the church! The church is true and i'm so glad that i had this time in the ABQ mission but i am super excited to get back to the mission i was called to serve in. love, jeff

p.s. tell grandma Hargett happy birthday for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment