Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Drit Companionship

So this week was pretty interesting. We got a call last Monday saying that elder grieve, on of the elders in the other companionship in our house, was getting emergency transfered to Kreuzlingin. A town on the boder of Switzerland and Germany. So his companion, Elder Baird, is now in our companionship. It is kind of wierd being in a "drit" or a companionship of three people. Finding is extremely hard since it is scary seeing three people come up at you but thankfully since they had their investigators and we had ours and our less actives that come to church we are easily getting 20 lessons a week. Last week we only got 19 but we had two whole days where we couldn't work plus there was a day where I edited a movie that we were doing for our zone conference project so the other two went off and a less active young adult in our branch came and hung out with me.
We had a street display on Saturday that everyone loved! Our branch president is kind of scared to have us go up and talk to people so instead he brought some helium and we just ended up handing out ballons to people the whole day haha. It ended up going great and we ended up handing out about 3 book of mormons between the five missionaries there (us three and the companionship from Freiburg) and the members handed out about 5 between the 5 of them haha. Members are better at it then we are. One member even met a lady who was only interested because she had just become interested in the native americans and that is exactly what converted this lady. It was a great experience and the members have never been more excited about missionary work.
The only negative thing about this week is I have been waking up in the middle of the night with bloody noses that last sometimes up to an hour. On Saturday night we did an exchange where Elder Baird went with one of our members and Elder Van Uitert and I went to another two. Our two wern't home but my nose started bleeding and we went to the church to wait. Went for about an hour and finally stopped. I couldn't hardly stand I felt so weak. The next day at church I could not stay awake no matter how hard I tried and some members asked me what was wrong. I told them and all of them wanted to take me to the hospital.
I said I was fine and just called Sister Matern. She told me to stay home while the other two went out and did our appointments. I slept for about eight hours then woke up to eat more then I have ever eaten.  Then went back to bed and woke up the next morning. I did get an appointment set up for tomorrow though to see what it is that is going on so hopefully it goes well.
Other than that. We still have a baptismal date for Ibraham on the 12th and we are still working on getting Simon (who is the one who hung out with me to make the movie) to become a Priest. I think Offenburg has a ton of potential and I am excited that we have the oppurtunity to have soooooo many investigators members and less actives to work with now. We will literally not do finding cause we do not have time to do it. But the members all said they would try to do finding on their own and give us referals! There could not be a more golden area. And everyone said "Offenburg was dead".... "Offenburg is the zombie are of the mission." Back from the dead to devour the brain of the more alive areas..... Or something less strange. I am strange. LOL.
To answer mom's question about how often we eat at members houses: about three times a week. I have liked everything so far but one week this member made us some greek thing... It is the best food I've had out here so far. It had spetzle (which is german noodles) gyros meat, and some sauce on top.
Well love you all and I hope you know we say prayers literally about 15-20 times a day so I am praying for you all. Love you.
Bye!

Elder Hargett

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    I am so proud of you and all that you have been doing. I am sorry I have not yet written to you, but I try to read all of your blogs. I love you so much and I do pray for you continually. I can tell by what you write that you have grown tremendously on your mission thus far. Keep doing as the spirit prompts you to do and you will continue to be a great missionary. Love you always, Chris.

    ReplyDelete