Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Suprise Transfer to Tubingen

Well sorry about last week the computer kicked me off and we had to go so I didnt get the chance to finish my letter. Man this week has been way crazy, I got transferred to a town called Tubingen, spent most of Monday packing and getting ready to go.  It is still in the Stuggart stake.   I got the chance to say goodbye to the Dietle family. They gave me a copy of sherlock homes in german... which is nice but kind of useless right now lol. Ludwigsburg came also and so we had a big party that was way fun. They made about 15 different things and we all got to eat like fat german missionaries (which we are).
On Tuesday we had zone conference. It was much different than all the other ones I had been too before we just kind of sat around and listened to President Condie. The people who came to make lunch for us made us homemade maltauschen which was one of the best things I have ever eaten. We also got to watch some new missionary movies about preach my gospel.
On Wednesday we went by all the investigators in Heilbronn and I got to say bye to them. It was kind of sad to be leaving so soon. Everyone knew my name and I was almost familiar with all their names... kinda sad. On Thursday we made the exchange to our new companions. We all met in Stuttgart and got to meet each other. My new companions name is Elder Mildon. He is from Utah.  He has been out about 10 months.  We got to Tübingen around 3 and we went back to our apartment. We are right next to the Nekar river and it is a School city. It has a bunch of Universities here and the population is about 25% students.  Our ward has a lot of American/English speakers, they need a tranlator at church so a member translates and they all have headphones.
Elder Mildon and his former companion Elder Hamilton had a pretty big project of getting all the old investigators names in the apartment out of the area book. (A book the missionaries have for their investigators, less actives, and former investigators and stuff.) They had 5 area books because they had so many names and had organized it and stated to go by on all of them. So we will also be continuing the project. For the last couple days all we had been doing is going by on the names and gotten appointments or info about the people.
On Sunday an investigator came named Claudia. She was an investigator for several years we are working to try and see if she will get baptized soon. She is really nice and wants to get baptized just keeps putting it off. We are going to meet with her on Thursday and are going to talk about it.
After church we got to eat with a family. The wife is mexican and made us some meat burritos. It was amazing, and has been forever since I have gotten to eat mexican. Today we dont really havn't got anything planned we just have emails and maybe a chinese buffet.
Sunday will be Elder Milton's birthday so I am planning on baking a cake and singing him happy birthday or something.  He got a ton of letters and emails already from his family and friends wishing him a happy one.  I forgot to tell you I heard from Brother Stoddard a couple of weeks ago.  I still need to write him back.  That was nice to hear from him.
Mom, when you send the package, send me some more contacts, I am getting low.  About your question if I burned a shirt or anything for my year mark, no, I am saving all my stuff till the end of my mission and than make a scarecrow thing and burn it all that way.  Like the Zozobra burning in Santa Fe; will be a nice way to celebrate the end of my mission and do something that is different too. To answer some of your other questions:   I bought two games that are pretty cool. One is called Wizard and the other is called Munchkin. Im pretty sure they have Munchkin in America.  (Don't worry, we are allowed to play games for companionship time).  Stuggart is about an hour away by train.  We won't be going there today for p-day since I am out of money for the month because the mission put the wrong amount and I only got 80 EU total for August.  Dad/Mom:  I'm guessing that Tübingen would be an area you both would want to visit a lot coming back. It is like the city everyone talks about because it is just a huge tourist scenery place that is way busy and looks cool.  Well thats about it. Hope it is all good there. Love you all and thanks for the support you give me with prayers, etc. 


Elder Hargett

No comments:

Post a Comment