Assignments

His first assignment was in the Jagst River Valley in the city of Ellwangen, Germany with Elder Middleton. After he broke his leg and ankle on July 18th he was hospitalized for 10 days and then he returned home to recover. He served one transfer in the Albuquerque NM Mission from January 4 - February 15, 2010 and served on the Navajo Reservation with Elder Lee.

He returned to Zurich on February 16, 2010. His first assignment was to serve with Elder King in Offenburg, Germany. The city is located in the Kinzig River Valley and adjacent to the Black Forest. The nearest large town is Strasbourg, France. He then served in a companionship with Elders Baird and Vaniturt in Offenburg.
On June 24th he was called to serve in Heilbronn with Elder Aeschbacher, who is from Switzerland. He is excited to serve with a native German speaker and hopes this will help him improve his language skills. On August 18, 2010 he was transferred to the city of Tubingen and called to be a companion with Elder Mildon.

Monday, July 12, 2010

I Am Totally Counting Them!!

Hey we do not have a ton of time this week so I will just write you guys a short email and see how much I can remember that I wanted to tell you lol. Well first before I forget could you tell grandma thanks for sending me letters. I am sorry but I just do not like writing hand writen letters cause I do not like taking a ton of time to try and make my handwriting legible, it's really that bad! And then finding an address and most of all the stamps! I hate having to pay 1€ (about 1.30$) just to send like a page of mail somewhere. I dont know maybe I will try it more but honestly I hate it. But I do love to get your letters and I hope you are good reading my weekly one to everyone. Also, I am veryyyyyyyyy sory that I have still not yet sent the package home with the stuff. I have had it forever but the nearest post office is so far and my companion like doesn't want to even move because of his hernia.
We got to meet President Condie. I think he will be all right.  He seems like your average american old man. Like if you ask a question he will answer you with a question and then tell you a twenty minute story about whatever he is thinking about. Condensed idea: dont ask him questions. He did say some stuff I gotta admit I will most likely not follow like, not writing anyone (at all) except your parents and siblings. Kinda lame, and stupid and I'm not going to follow it to be honest.  Especially since that would mean for me not writing anyone but my parents.  I admit I don't write people too much now but if I feel like writing someone I don't see the harm in doing it during the times when we should be writing letters.  Hope that doesn't make me too much of a rebeller but as mom said, do what you know is right and I can't really see who it will harm if I did write a letter to someone other than mom & dad.
We have our interviews with him tomorrow so I will see how that goes. He doesn't seem too strict. Well mainly he seems to adore President and Sister Matern and since this was their mission he seems to be willing to let us do what we were doing before. President Matern is so cool and he wrote me an email last week. I will miss him and Sister Matern so much. Sister Matern is hilarious. Their son actually does the translating for general conference for Elder Iring and the narrator. But yeah.
The work:  Arisa, this African investigator we have, came to church yesterday as did Sister Bogar the lady whos kids wont let her get baptized. Oh yeah and on Friday we spent the night in Ellwangen and then did a street display with the elders there the next day! It was so cool to be back and since the two elders there just flushed the area and didn't know about many investigators I got to show them who me and middleton used to meet with and they had already actually found about half of them in the area book and contacted them already. It was way cool to see the progress that some of them have made and the lady Frau Loske is baptized and when they talked about here as just some ordinary member it made me way happy to think she went from an investigator we had to a normal active member already! Same with Sonja the younger woman me and middleton found and taught and commited to baptism. I dont care if I was there or not if people ask me if i had any baptisms I am totally counting them and Tim cause I cannot even say how happy I am for them and being a part of the finding and teaching of all three of them. We even saw Immanuel at the train station on our way out! (the crazy dude who gave us asparagus) he thought me and Elder Aeschbacher where the current missionaryies there. He is insane. But it just reminds me that much of Ellwangen. It was great to go back there. Well I am going to go hope you have a great week


Love you all - Elder Hargett
PS - Mom, And I did get the guitar stuff so thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment